CommuteSmart Seacoast is a Transportation Management Association. Membership is free to Seacoast employers, and services include:
- Online carpool or vanpool matching service for employees, including tracking of commuter trips and internal employer commuter contests
- On-site promotional events and materials about carpooling/vanpooling, bicycling/walking, transit, and telecommuting
- Surveying and analyzing employee transportation patterns and needs
- commuteSMARTclub – registered commuters are eligible for the Emergency Ride Home program (up to 6 free rides home if an emergency occurs during work or carpool driver has emergency) and drawings for prizes.
- Quarterly e-newsletter and email blasts
- Regional commuter events and contests (e.g. “Bike to Work Week”, “Try Transit Week”, “Dump the Pump Day”)
- Workshops (e.g. bike safety, bike maintenance)
- Advocating on regional transportation issues
- Roundtables on commuting options and topics of common concern to members
Some of the initial 20+ participating employers include Lonza, the City of Portsmouth, Redhook Brewery, the Courtyard by Marriott-Portsmouth, and the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.