Design charrette/ competition for underused space
What problem is this action trying to solve?
Lack of density, Underutilized properties, Sprawl repair
What are the goals for this action? If this action is successful, what will be the outcome?
- Less sprawl will preserve ecosystems
- Increased housing supply
- New vital neighborhood hubs and linkages
- Create and maintain distinct neighborhood characters
For this action to be successful, who else needs to be involved?
- Design and planning professionals
- Development and financing
- Zoning Board
- Community Input
- Conservation Experts
What are the first steps to take to move this action forward?
- Determine who is in charge
- Identify parcels
- Publicize in and out of Portsmouth & NH
- Design competition followed by community charrette to synthesize new ideas and community input
What are the assets related to this action?
- Plan NH
People interested in working on this action:
Liz Ngyuen, Michael Kowalchuk, Bob Cook, Tom Emerson, Pat DeGranpre, Marth Fuller Clark, Dan Rawling
If you are interested in working on this action item, contact: